Grundfos Unilift AP35B-50-06-A1V Submersible Drainage Pump
Grundfos Unilift AP35B Submersible Drainage Pump - AP35B-50-06-A1V
Grundfos Product No.96432501
The AP35 and AP50 pumps are submersible pumps, specially designed for pumping wastewater and domestic sewage or any other non-aggressive liquid containing solid matter up to 50 mm.
They can be used as a fixed or mobile installation, vertically or horizontally (discharge outlet facing up). The Unilift AP and Unilift AP Basic are submersible drainage pumps designed for both temporary/portable installation and permanent free-standing installation. These single-stage pumps are made mostly of stainless steel. All types are available in either single phase or three phase versions and for 50 or 60 Hz power supply. The number in the type designation, e.g. AP12, indicates the spherical particle size that can pass through the pump. All Unilift AP and AP Basic pumps are fitted with a plug for connection to the mains.
The Unilift AP is a single stage pump with either semi-open impeller (AP12) or with vortex impeller (AP35 and AP50). All Unilift AP pumps are fitted with a stainless steel sleeve for cooling during operation. The strainer at the bottom prevents particles larger than the pump is designed for from entering the pump. The strainer is clipped onto the pump housing. All Unilift AP pumps can be supplied with or without float switch, for automatic or manual operation. Pumps with an ”A” in the type designation are fitted with a float switch. 3-phase versions have an additional starter box connected to the float switch. The outlet is positioned at the top of the pump and is available in Rp 1 1/2 to Rp 2.
An optional non-return flap valve can be fitted in the outlet in order to prevent backflow.
Unilift AP Basic
Unilift AP Basic pumps single-stage pumps (AP35B, AP50B) with vortex impeller. All Unilift AP Basic pumps are made of stainless steel, with a composite baseplate. The Unilift AP Basic range is designed for submerged operation, either free-standing on the base plate or installed using an auto coupling. The pump inlet is designed to prevent to large particles from entering the pump. The base plate is clipped on by means of four clips hidden under the composite ring at top of the pump housing. The ring prevents dirt from sticking to the clips. All Unilift AP Basic pumps can be supplied with or without float switch, for automatic or manual operation. Pumps with an ”A” in the type designation are fitted with a float switch. The outlet is positioned at the side of the pump and is R 2.
Applications for the Uplift AP & AP Basic
- Water and rainwater in horticulture
- Water from rivers and lakes
- Rainwater, drainage water and water from flooding
- Water for filling/emptying containers, ponds, tanks, etc.
- Effluents from showers, washing machines and sinks below sewer level
- Pool water
- Ditch drainage water
- Groundwater (lowering applications)
- Domestic effluents from septic and sludge-treating systems
- Liquids containing fibres from light industry, laundries, etc.
- Effluents from viaducts, underpasses, etc.
- Drainage water from garage sprinkler systems
Techical Specification - Submersible Drainage Pump - AP35B-50-06-A1V
Unilift AP35B is a submersible pump designed for pumping effluents (excluding toilet discharge). The pump is suitable for installation on auto coupling; this allows easy access to the pump for maintenance and other purposes.
The pump is suitable for these applications:
- groundwater lowering
- pumping in drainage collecting wells
- pumping in surface water collecting wells with inflow
- from roof gutters, shafts, tunnels, etc.
- emptying of ponds, tanks, etc.
- pumping of fibre-containing effluent from laundries and industries
- pumping of domestic effluent from septic tanks and sludge treating systems
- pumping of domestic effluent without discharge from water closets.
- Liquid temperature range: 0 °C to +40 °C.
The pump is available for automatic as well as manual operation and can be installed in a permanent installation or used as a portable pump. The pump is available in these versions:
- with float switch fitted for automatic on/off operation between two liquid levels (single-phase pumps)
- without level switch for manual on/off operation.
Pumps fitted with float switch can also be used for manual on/off operation. In this case, the float switch must be secured in an upward-pointing position.
Pump housing with an outstanding design for submersible wastewater pumps, resulting in a high head. The pump housing is made of a steel tube with a smooth surface and a hydraulically correct shape ensuring free passage of particles.
Ring stand, pump inlet and pump housing are fastened to the motor by means of four springs enabling quick and easy dismantling.
All Unilift AP35B pumps have a threaded R 2 horizontal discharge port.
Shaft and bearings
The stainless steel shaft rotates in maintenance-free prelubricated ball bearings.
The stainless steel impeller is a vortex impeller with L-shaped blades and a clearance of 35 mm in the pump housing. The blades are curved backwards to reduce any harmful effect from solid particles and to minimise power consumption. The impeller has a protective cap to prevent the deposit of long-fibred material.
The shaft seal is a combination of a mechanical, bellows shaft seal and a lip seal with 80 ml oil between. Seal faces are made of silicone carbide.
- The motor is a single- or three-phase asynchronous dryrotor motor.
- Enclosure class: IP68
- Insulation class: F (155 °C)
- Cable type: H07RN-F.
- Single-phase motors have built-in thermal protection
The overview below is suitable for the selection of the correct size of Unilift AP35B pumps used in stationary applications.
To ensure that the discharge pipe is self-cleaning, the calculation of the pipe lengths is based on these requirements:
- use steel pipes
- the minimum flow velocity through the vertical discharge pipe (2") must be 1 m/s
- the minimum flow velocity through the horizontal discharge pipe (2ó") must be 0.7 m/s.
The overview is only intended as a guide. Grundfos and plumbonline are not liable for installations not complying with the overview. The vertical height of the discharge pipe should be measured from the pump stop level.
What is Wastewater?
At plumbonline we thought we would define "what is wastewater" to remove the guess work, aiding to make the correct choice first time and on budget!
- Raw water, drainage and untreated wastewater containing solids no larger than 12 mm from households, farms and small industry.
- Dirty water and untreated wastewater (excluding toilet discharge), containing fibres and solids no larger than 50 mm from dewatering systems, domestic wastewater systems and small industry.
- Untreated wastewater and raw sewage containing fibres, textiles and other solids, including toilet discharge from domestic sewage systems, farms and industry.To avoid clogging, pumps allowing free passage of solids up to 70-80 mm are recommended. Be aware that toilet discharge often contains foreign bodies such as nappies, tampons, toilet rolls, children’s toys and toothbrushes!