AVG Pressure Limiting Valve 20mm 600KPA Female x Female
- 1.00 KGS
- Free Shipping
AVG PRESSURE LIMITING VALVE 20mm 600KPA Female x Female
FUNCTION OF A PRESSURE LIMITING VALVE (PLV)
The AVG PLV is ideal for installation with high-pressure storage water heaters. When fitted to the inlet supply line to a water heater, its purpose is to control the inlet supply line pressure to a pre-set maximum, and to remain in the open position if the pressure in the supply line falls below the pre-set maximum. Other applications include dishwashers, washing machines (to reduce water hammer), tap mixers and water filtering systems.
- Suits inlet pressures up to 2000Kpa
- Operates at up to 80ºC
- Available in female & compression connection
- Complies with AS1357.2
- Factory set at 350Kpa, 500Kpa, 600Kpa
- 15 & 20mm options
- The date of manufacture is marked on the body by a two-digit DIN code
- Body made of DR Brass
INLET PRESSURE CONTROL
High pressure may cause excessive discharge and possible premature failure of the relief valve (See table below). The maximum water pressure relates to the period of lowest water usage, this usually occurs during the night. In any mains pressure water heater installation, if the inlet water pressure exceeds 80% of the nominal set pressure ofthe operating relief valve, a Pressure Limiting Valve must be fitted to the cold inlet. If a cold water expansion control valve is fitted it will have a lower set pressure than the PTR valve and therefore will be the main operating relief valve.
In addition to these instructions, Pressure limiting valves (PLV) must be installed in accordance with AS/NZS 3500 National Plumbing and Drainage Code and all Government requirements must be met.
- AVG valves should always be installed by a licensed plumber in accordance with National Plumbing and Drainage Code AS/NZS 3500 and comply with any Local Authority requirements.
- Flush all pipe work before installing valve.
- Install the PLV with the direction of flow, as indicated by the arrow on the valve body.
- Suitable for vertical or horizontal installation.
- Install the PLV downstream from an AVG NRI (non return & Isolating valve).
- Install the PLV downstream of a line strainer.
- The valve should be installed where it is easily accessible.
- The valve must not be buried in the ground or installed in a situation where it could be subject to freezing.
- Do not expose a PLV to a torch flame or heat. Excessive heat will destroy the seals and sealing components.