NEFA PRESSURE & TEMP RELIEF VALVE 15mm 1000KPA
- 1.00 KGS
- Free Shipping
PRESSURE & TEMP RELIEF VALVE 15mm 1000KPA
- Prevents damage to hot water systems by relieving excess pressure and temperature
- Cast DR brass body
- Stainless steel valve seat
- Easy to operate flushing mechanism
- An integral auxiliary relief and vacuum valve
- Non-serviceable and non-adjustable
- Dry spring construction
- Stainless steel spring
- Colour identification – PTR 850 (blue disc)
- Complies with AS1357.1
- StandardsMark Certification
- The PTR valve is designed to relieve excess pressure caused by water expanding during the heating cycle.
- It is NORMAL for the PTR valve to release drips of hot water during the heating cycle if no Expansion Control Valve is fitted.
- If the water heater thermostat fails to operate correctly, the PTR valve will discharge hot water when the temperature reaches 99ºC.
- Fitting an Expansion Control Valve to a hot water system will prolong the life of the PTR valve and the water heater.
- It is recommended to flush the PTR valve every six months to clear deposits from around the valve seat.
- The date of manufacture can be found on the Indicator Disc. See warranty statement for further information.
- Never expose valves to a torch-flame or heat. Heat will destroy the seals and sealing parts.
- NEFA valves should always be installed by a licensed plumber in accordance with National Plumbing and Drainage Code AS/NZ3500.4.
- The installation must also comply with any Local Authority requirements and the water heater manufacturer’s requirements.
- Don’t install valve if temperature probe is damaged or bent.
- Ensure flushing handle is accessible.
- Check the inlet water pressure does not exceed the maximum stated in the table below.
- Ensure that sealing materials, e.g. thread tape or thread sealing paste, do not intrude into flow passages as this could cause obstruction to flow and failure of the valve.
- Install PLV and/or ECV, if required, as stated in the table below.
- Install drain line in accordance with AS/NZ3500.4
REFER TO TECHNICAL DRAWINGS AND IMAGES FOR TYPICAL INSTALLATION DIAGRAMS.