Resol DeltaSol BS-4/3 solar hot water differential controller
- 0.50 KGS
- Free Shipping
Resol DeltaSol BS-4 solar hot water differential controller (3 x Sensor Leads)
Plumbonline have extended our solar hot water spare parts catalogue to include the Resol range of solar differential controllers. We have all the major spare parts for your solar hot water service wether it be flat plate panels or evacuated tubes. The solar hot water parts range is now online and ready to order with complete tech specs to ensure your seamless selection. If you’re unsure which part suits, Plumbonline has a committed team of specialists with over 30 years of solar hot water selection experience.
Solar thermal or hot water technology taps the infinite energy resources of the sun to face the ecological responsibility of tomorrow. Solar thermal systems are operated and controlled by solar controllers. RESOL differential temperature controllers are used in solar, heating and air-conditioning systems to initiate switching processes depending on thermal, hydraulic and environmental conditions. Apart from these basic functions, RESOL controllers offer a variety of options and functions for the optimum use of individual solar and heating systems. All RESOL products are future-oriented, sophisticated and unique in their design.
The DeltaSol® BS-4 (3 Sensors) solar controller
User-friendly and versatile!
The RESOL controller for standard solar thermal systems. The DeltaSol® BS controller provides a clear operating concept and is equipped with the illuminated combined display with system-monitoring. Flashing symbols for sensors, pumps and valves enable an immediate allocation of temperatures, temperature differences and active actuators. Thus, adjusting and monitoring the solar system is quick and easy.
The DeltaSol® BS controller is available in 2 versions, depending on the demands. Details concerning the number of the relays as well as additional functions are shown in the technical data.
DeltaSol BS-4 Features
- 3 basic system layouts to choose from (DeltaSol® BS/4 only)
- Drainback option
- Heat quantity measurement
- Tube collector function, thermal disinfection function (DeltaSol® BS/4 only)
- Commissioning menu
- Unit °F and °C selectable
- HE pump control via adapter
- 1 x Roof Sensor
- 1 x Tank Sensor
- 1 x Top Tank Sensor
- Inputs: 4 Pt1000 temperature sensors
- Outputs: 1 semiconductor relay (BS/2),
- 2 semiconductor relays (BS/4)
- Switching capacity:
- 1 (1) A 240 V~ (semiconductor relay)
- Total switching capacity: 1 A 240 V~ (BS/2),
- 2 A 240 V~ (BS/4)
- Power supply: 100 ... 240 V~ (50 ... 60 Hz)
- Supply connection: type Y attachment
- Power consumption: < 1 W (standby)
- Mode of operation: type 1.C.Y action
- Rated impulse voltage: 2.5 kV
- Data interface: RESOL VBus®
- VBus® current supply: 35 mA
- Functions: function control, operating hours counter, tube collector function (DeltaSol® BS/4), heat quantity measurement and pump speed control
- Housing: plastic, PC-ABS and PMMA
- Mounting: wall mounting, mounting into patch panels is possible
- Indication / Display: System-Monitoring-Display for visualisation of systems, 16-segment and 7-segment display, 8 symbols for indication of system status and operating control lamp
- Operation: 3 push buttons at the front
- Ingress protection: IP 20 / EN 60529
- Protection class: II
- Ambient temperature: 0 ... 40 °C
- Pollution degree: 2
- Dimensions: 172 x 110 x 49 mm
What is a Differential Controller and what does it do?
A solar hot water differential controller is the logic controller that manages your solar hot water system, most solar hot water systems consist of four main parts,
- The Solar Collector / Array, they can be flat plate or evacuated tube
- The Hot Water Storage Tank
- The Solar Transfer or Circulating Pump
- The Differential Controller.
The controller obtains the most energy from your solar collector, and the pump transferes the energy to the hot water tank. in their most basic format they continually measure the hot water tanks temperature, and the temperature of the solar collector manifold. When you draw stored hot water the tank cools down, the sensor in the tank has a set point the controller measures the difference between the tank temperature and the set point temperature in the solar collector. If the set point is reached the controller starts the circulating pump which transfers the hot water to the insulated storage tank for future use.